Welcome to the Touring Tails website.
We are David, Michelle, Poppy & Coco (paws) and we have created this site to share some of our passions in life:
- Being a dog family (we are owned by Poppy, a red working cocker spaniel & Coco a chocolate working cocker spaniel)
- Being van owners (Lexi our 2019 Chausson 640 motorhome)
- Being fans of the outdoors and travel in the UK and abroad
When we took on the responsibilities of being a dog parent and a van owner there was so much to learn. Trying to combine the two (travel in the van with our dogs), was initially very daunting. There was a lot to think about. Where can we go in the van with our pooches? What do we need to take with us, what if she hates the van or won’t sleep at night?
Over time we have answered our questions, gained a ton of experience and reduced Miche’s worry list (‘risk assessor head always on’). During our first summer of exploring with Lexi van & Poppy dog, we realised we had learned so much that we should probably start writing some of this good stuff down and sharing it with others, whether:
- Part of the dog community (already owned by a dog or might be in future)
- Part of the van community (no matter what age, what van, what country)
So that’s why Touring Tails was created. We love the outdoors and regularly take walking holidays or weekend breaks. Poppy & Coco join us as much as possible (but sometimes they like to stay home so ‘nanny’ doesn’t feel lonely).
Poppy & Coco have amazing energy and are living their best life every single day. Their ‘hooman’ pack are well trained and totally wait on them hand and foot.
Here’s a quick summary of what you’ll find on the Touring Tails site:
- weekly blog updates – see what we’ve been up to and the latest dog news that Poppy has sniffed out around the block.
- Book Reviews – we love to support authors with blog tours & book launches on subjects (loosely) related to travel, places and dogs. (Update Oct20 we have now launched Touringtales.co.uk a sister blog all about BOOKS).
- Motorhome Tips – from van upgrades to technical tips & step by step guides
- Places to go – Days out, touring trips, weekend break recommendations
- Dog-friendly – places, products, and services
- Things to Buy – recommended things to buy when travelling, touring or living in a caravan, motorhome. Theses are all products that we love and use on a regular basis.
We also share a monthly round-up newsletter so you don’t miss any updates, as well as monthly offers. Here’s an example of our newsletter
Where to find us online
As well as our website, you can also find us on these channels:
Across our site we have provided affiliate links to products and services that we use/have used and recommend. By kindly using these links our site visitors allow us to earn a small amount of funding. Any money we earn this way is used for the running of this site to bring loads more great content.
We also send a monthly contribution to the Battersea Dogs Home. Our aim is to grow our site so that we can earn and donate even more to support local dog charities. We can’t do this without you, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support.
Come and find us and say hi, we’d love to chat to other motorhome / travel / dog lovers. Follow/Connect/Like and we’ll follow you back and say hi.
Want to work with Touring Tails?
We would be happy to talk to any brands, organisations, charities or small businesses who would like to collaborate with us. Whether that’s to:
- review dog products, healthy food, and treats or dog services
- Review walking gear (dog or hooman).
- We love to visit and review dog-friendly cafes, pubs, restaurants, and shops (‘the girls’ loves a bit of retail therapy).
- Review Van related campsites, products or services
We can also create content to appear on your own blog or website, either ghostwritten or with our Touring Tails branding, but please bear in mind that we will charge for these services.
We can also promote your business on our growing Touring Tails Instagram site.
So please do get in touch with us via our contact page.
Netgalley Professional Reader